Find Out The Differences Between Amp And Pwa:
AMP that is accelerated mobile pages is the scripts developed on the open source platform to help sites to load the content more quickly on mobile devices. It is currently utilized by the news websites to show their news and also by the ecommerce sites to give their products mobile SERPs. But they put restrictions and ban by cutting all unwanted java scripts and scripts to save the bandwidth only to view content. Pages are sized statically and huge elements like pictures that are off screen are not downloaded until the user can see them. In this they lower the page loading time sharply. However by stripping irrelevant scripts they destroy the user experience and it results in low conversion rate and low engagement on the website.
What is PWA (progressive web app)?
PWA are web application or a site page that gives the look of a general mobile app. it helps the user to re visit the website by using features like periodic background syncs, rich offline experiences, and push notifications. Progressive web app can be utilized to fill huge void spaces made with AMP results, if you want to reduce the webpage loading time. Right now these are only utilized by huge enterprise level companies and websites.
If you compare AMP vs. PWA you can see PWA has 3 features that make it different from the AMP:
- They are fast, however AMP is also fast.
- PWA is reliable in giving entire information to user, which AMP fails as it eliminates lot of scripts that you have included on the website to enhance conversion rate.
- PWA provides high engagement rate, AMP surely doesn’t provide this.
Remember here we are not saying that PWA is better over AMP as these are only 3 benefits of PWA over AMP however AMP also has some advantages over PWA. To understand them clearly read the article below.
Difference between PWA and AMP:
By utilizing PWA and AMP you can bid goodbye to high page loading time and also long waiting time. You can show patience over desktop as the site is loaded however on a mobile device 3 second of time seems too long. After 3 seconds you don’t wish to wait, you will just close that tab and move to the next URL search. This accounts for 53% bounce rating on mobile phone.
The difference between AMP and PWA is elaborated below:
- AMP which is accelerated mobile pages is the scripts created on open source platform to help the site load their content quickly on mobile phone devices.
- AMP is recommended for static content like articles, blogs or recipes.
- AMP is good for publisher based site.
- AMP mechanism lowers the page loading time.
- PWA which is progressive web applications are mobile applications that gives the look of a general site.
- It includes social worker, app shell, web app manifest, service worker.
- It is recommended for HTTPS sites which is secure connection between website and users.
- PWA is best for ecommerce websites.
- PWA page updates quickly allowing the users to surf the site without any kind of interruption.
What are AMP pages?
AMP is feature made on open source medium and passed by Google to enhance page loading time of the web pages. AMP allows amazingly fast browsing on mobile. AMP is very simple because it has 10 times less data, and that is of no use for the reader, than an app or website. Therefore it helps in getting informative content to the user in just no time. It seems like you demand and the solution is given in a jiffy.
Advantages of AMP:
- Pages are instantly loaded and easily cached.
- It deepens and improves engagement factor.
- AMP supports all the existing format of ads.
- Loading time of the page reduces to one second and makes the site four times faster.
- Previously it was only used for news articles but now it is even used for other content.
- Website publishers have complete control over visual design and business design.
What is PWA (progressive web apps)?
PWA is latest Google feature made for home screens of mobile devices and smart phones with all the modern technologies with app shell model which provides features like offline web pages, push notifications and fast loading time. PWA are simple web pages that has modern browsing features that makes the web page to look as normal mobile app. it loads the web pages quickly and also has three time less data usage. Audiences who visit the site twice in two weeks are recommended “add to the home screen” option. They only have to add it to home screen and single tap to open it.
Characteristics of PWA:
- Responsive web designs
- Can work on offline network
- Progressive improvement for user engagement
- Always comes with http certificate which encrypts the data between web server and browser.
- Always have a fresh appearance with PWA’s periodic background syncs, rich offline experiences, and push notifications.
- They are search engine result friendly.
- With application shell model, it looks like mobile app.
- Allows the users to add applications directly to their home screen.
Advantages of PWA:
- PWA enhances conversion rate.
- It loads web pages faster.
- It opens on complete screen without the URL bar.
- PWA engages users with its push notifications.
- Audiences can scroll up to 60 frames in single second.
- It allows smooth navigations and animations.
- It works on weak or no net connections.
- Users can access site through home screen on device.
Today Google is paying more attention on turning the potential reader to paid traffic. Google searches for subscribers via AMP WebPages, who wishes to pay for current updates. Whereas no such action has been taken by Google using PWA technology. Hence in Google PWA vs. AMP, AMP is a winner.